General Practitioners and Psychiatrists may refer patients directly or call to discuss counselling referrals to Heather Thompson, Medicare Provider of counselling Ringwood East (Provider #4297796K).
What constitutes a valid referral under the Better Access initiative?
According to the Medicare Benefits Schedule, November 2011, “The referral may be in the form of a letter, or note to an eligible allied health professional signed and dated by the referring practitioner. The allied health professional must be in receipt of the referral at the first allied mental health consultation.”
Why refer to Heather Thompson?
- Certified Medicare registered Allied Health Professional
- Accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers as a Mental Health Social Worker
- Qualified and trained to assist patients referred under the Medicare
- Better Access to Mental Health initiative by delivering focussed psychological strategies specified inpatient Mental Health Treatment Plans (Items 2700, 2701. 2715, 2717)
- Extensive training and experience in using focussed psychological strategies: CBT, interpersonal therapy, relaxation strategies and psycho-education.
- Broad professional experience in varied cultural environs
- Mature aged counsellor with diverse life and work experience
- Collaborative, warm, person-centred and flexible approach
- Provision of accurate, concise reporting at conclusion of treatment and as requested by GP treatment plan
- Confer with GP as required for patient wellbeing during treatment
- Patients covered by public liability insurance as per AASW membership